Tuesday 9 June 2009

Life is flat and square

Day of life in Ipswich scheduled to start when the clock ticks 7:10 in the morning. Daily routines are called in sequence; brush(), bath(), breakfast() with butter crossaints, orange juice and it continues. If my laptop had a better OS with some little AI, it would had popped-out its browser with usual websites like gmail, orkut, flickr, icicidirect and cricinfo in the moment I unlock it. By the time the weather report ends in the BBC's breakfast, my fingers were pre-automated to press the "power" on my T.V remote.

If its perfect 8:00, then its perfect to come out of the den for the blue sky and fresh air. The neighbouring black cat had just waited for that moment and will react by crossing my way like everyday. Though I am not superstitious , may be that cat is more superstitious and hoping for a good luck by waiting for me to cross it ways ;-). At the first corner of the street, an old passionate man will always clean the glass windows of the retail apparels store. On passing this man with the exchange of "Good Morning" greetings will lead to a long never-ending subway waiting with its wide mouth opened to swallow me.

Finally, the subway will drop me out in the edge of the high street where a blonde slender waisted lady will cross me in the opposite way. I always wondered whether she is an Italian or French, definitely not an English nevertheless its only my psychological predictions. There will be big old clock always stretching its hands at 08:10 from the town center tower, but I still doubt whether it is working or not.

Next a big fat guy will wait for his bank to open where he is working, while the other man delivers the groceries in the nearby coffee shop. Its 08:20, the bus numbered as "66B" will start loading itself as I joined the same long queue. Since I had sandwiched between the same two people as daily, I guess am always the 11th person to board the bus at that stop. As everyone settled in their usual seats, I always preferred the right last cornered seat in the upper deck.

Its a boring 23 minute journey till the office and nothing much changes inside the bus too. So, I prefer gazing outside through window as the nature rotates its background color as the four seasons passby. When I enter the office campus, the digit clock will show 08:44 and for the rest of the days its business as usual till 10:00 night before I hibernate myself to sleep. Even I can predict what will happen in the next day as long I am inline with my mechanized activities.

Without power cuts, unpunctual buses, traffic jams, lot other 'surprise ingredients' of life, its definitely a perfect way of life. But the perfect whole system, carbon copies the days that are just passing me here.

5 comments:

  1. true, sometimes today can just be as boring as yesterday, even worser.. but you can always turn it brighter... may be this simple action would trigger change.. try writing on a piece of paper with left hand, or searching for something with your closed eyes. Experts say this triggers the right side brain, and it is fun to watch you searching with closed eyes :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) searching with closed eyes .. a good trick .. will try it before penning a topic ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...good one agreed.....Try slapping, nudging or hindering someone or the other in the morning,even u can try with the cat!!!! I swear definitely u will have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi shankar ram :-)
    you know what next time will get a "101 ways to impress a girl" and try it out each a day with the blonde ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW fatastic....Waiting to hear your experience on the same :):)

    ReplyDelete