Tuesday 14 July 2009

@ Dawn’ 09

I really hate to get a wake-up call either be it a mobile call or an alarm watch. This time, I got my dream cut shortened by my friend’s call. He screamed “Its dawn and get ready for Dawn’09”. Wonder “What’s Dawn 2009 ? “ … have a look on the snap right if those scripts looks familar…Forgotten ? or you just buttoned down a maze, then you may need to do a bit of exercise here .
Dawn @2009

Well before that in this space of blog-o-sphere, I bow to Arivuselvan and other fellow yggdies for the sincere effort in making this event for the sixth year. Though we departed and spread across, still it’s just a one tiny world when it comes to friendship and Dawn.

We headed towards Kannamangalam, a remote village in the skirts of Vellur. Baring the long 3 hours journey, I always took joy in keeping myself hooked this event, for two reasons. First, it will be a rare get together with dozens of yggdies in a place of this globe. Other one would be, getting a chance to visit schools at these remote places and meeting different sets of people.

Dispersed houses, narrow streets with roaming cattle, alone school mapped center, green field encircled with hills around, the sight of a perfect village. As we entered the school, we felt embraced as the playground were already filled with students, their parent and just waiting for us to kick start our event. There were around 100 lads let to school till their 8th standard here … good numbers for a school which is so remote. But squaring those numbers with 4 teachers and 3 class rooms would be no more than a joke, still had my own eyes to believe the worst. Just had to check my view and bear out the stance on the rural quota system…

As the event started with the brief welcome note from the headmaster, I had my own job as photographer to cover the same. As it proceeded with our chief guest Suresh’s speech none other than our fellow yggdies, expressions starts cropping up among the kids. Some were eagerly waiting for that candy to be distributed; some felt boring and went off, some were started staring at my lens. If you had little interest in photography, then you will feel like a kiddy in a candy shop… Again being done enough of people watching, didn’t search much to spot the most expressive ones... (some snaps below).

By the time we wrapped the event with the National Anthem, I just wondered when was the last time I stood in attention for this… It date backs to last Independence Day, been a year now as it happens like that in this corporate arena. I really enjoyed my day out as I kept myself at bay to the usual cronjobs. I was relaxed while returning, kept my eyes closed and searched for what I should do next. Hence a post on “@ Dawn’09”
Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009


Dawn @2009

3 comments:

  1. good snaps...especailly the black and white is really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. well spotted shankar... she/he was the most expressive among the kids ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work anna. I am glad you are continuing the service :)

    ReplyDelete